Friday, April 9, 2010

Wind storms.

This was from yesterday, from our adventure out at the farm. If you look just above the fence line on the left hand side and go towards the center of the picture, you can see all the dust kicking up in the background. The highways had patches where the dust was drifting across and with that dust, I did hear a few rocks hit my car. You could see the dust rolling up the coulees as it drifted across the highways. The further away from the highway, you could see the fields where the dust was drifting away from. The wind gusts on the highways too were quite strong. I was more worried about the semis tipping over than I was about me drifting off the highway.
It is so impossibly windy out here, this is day four or five of this terrible wind storm. I've had enough of the wind but it looks like when the wind goes away its going to get cold and rainy or snowy...some little mixture like that. You can live around this wind, but you never really get use to it ever.
Its April, I could handle the so called "april showers" but snow? I've had enough snow, this winter has been remarkably long and it's time to settle down and bring us some sunshine. Bring us our may flowers.
By the way- the cake tasted wonderful, I will have to bake another again soon...

1 comment:

DiƤna Macintyre said...

I love that you are posting more, Kristie! Your life seems to be full of good food and fun puppy stories! Hope you are feeling good too.