Saturday, August 4, 2007

~The pool~


So today we decided it would be a good day to spend a bit of time in the sun outside. Not to much time because it was getting close to +37 outside. So I figured the best way would be for the kiddo's to spend sometime splashing around in their pool or going down the slip and slide.
We got on our sunscreen, and were already to go outside when we noticed we were missing something. The slip and slide was no where to be found, so I resorted to choice number two which was a small pool which sprays water out of the sides of the pool. I like this pool since you do not have to inflate it, but I do not like it just for the fact that you have to keep the tap running and the hose connected to the pool and when the pool is full, it just keeps overflowing, giving the grass more than enough water. A drowning if you can call it that. Well it was just my luck that I could not find this pool either. Mack had remembered that she had seen the yellow inflatable pool in the garage, so me and her strode out to the garage only to discover she was wrong and did not actually see it in there.

So we went back into the house, and into the closet in the pool room and discovered the yellow inflatable pool! It was exciting, and Mack was ready to jump in and splash around. The only problem was that the pool was not inflated and required the help of the aircompressor to inflate it. So we went on a little hunt to find the aircompressor and well we couldn't find it. So I sat down on the bottom step of the staircase and began to inflate it. By the time I was done with the first ring, I was right about to pass out. So I took a short break and went onto inflate the second ring. I got it to the point where I figured it was ok and it would hold enough water. So we went outside and I hadn't even filled it when Mack jumped in and was waiting for the water to come.
Needless to say the pool got inflated, the pool got filled, the little slide was put on the edge and the kids were able to have a half hour of fun!
I will never inflate an inflatable pool again without an aircompressor!

1 comment:

adrienne said...

i'd make some comment about 'plenty of hot air' but you probably wouldnt find it funny....

but i would!