Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Roll up the rim...

I must admit rolling up the rim at tim hortons is fun. But the novelty wears off quickly. I switch from my dedicated, loyal trips to starbucks once roll up the rim rolls into town. I turn to tim hortons for my coffee needs. I also go to tim hortons for breakfast sometimes. This morning was no exception, I was on my way home and I figured I would make a quick stop in the line and get something. I ordered my bagel toasted and a milk to go. Proceeded to drive to the drive through window.
I approached and the young woman working there handed me a cup of coffee.
"We're all out of medium roll up the rim cups. So we've given you a small roll up the rim cup with a plain medium cup."
"I didn't order coffee."
"I know that."
"Your handing me a coffee cup."
"It's a medium hot chocolate."
"I didn't order a medium hot chocolate."
"I knew that."
(So why did she hand me a cup then if she knew that?)
She gave me what I ordered, I paid and drove away...I am still wondering if why she knew that, why did she try to give me the cup of hot chocolate, I should have taken it and thanked her for the free hot chocolate.
But I guess they are busy at tim hortons in the morning...

No comments: