Friday, March 12, 2010

I just wanted Pizza!

I had quite a long day at work today, so I figured I would order pizza. Make a quick easy supper right? Well boy oh boy was I wrong....

Pizza hut is usually the pizza of choice around here....mainly because I am the only one who enjoys this delicious meal. I figured I would order a nice pizza from there since a.) they are close and b.) usually fairly cheap.

I opened up the phone book, found the number and dialed. It rang and rang and finally an operator came on. She asked for my phone number, name and city. So I clearly stated where I was from, my phone number and my name. The operator said to hold on, she was just putting the information in to direct my call. She then informed me that I would put through to the restaurant I had selected and I could then order. The phone rang and rang and finally someone picked up. The person on the other end of the phone said the address of the pizza hut and the location. I then informed the person at that pizza hut that I was in a different city and if they could please put me through to the right restaurant. She informed me that she could not hook me back to the operator and I would have to call the number for pizza hut again. So our conversation ended.

I called back to the number and again was given to an operator who asked me yet again for my phone number, name and city. I obliged and clearly stated that she had put me through to the wrong restaurant before and I would like to be put through to this pizza hut, at this location in my city. She said that she would and informed me yet again I would be put through to the right restaurant. I clung to the hope that she would this time indeed get it right. Well I am in the end, honestly not sure if I had the right restaurant, because after waiting twenty minutes on hold hearing about pizza hut and their yummy pizza's I hung up.

My attempt to twice get through to pizza hut in my city had failed me. I decided to go to their rival Panago Pizza! They have good pizza but it was slightly expensive. So I dialed in their universal number and got an operator. This guy asked me for my city, phone number and name. I hoped he would get it right the first time. That I would not repeat what had happened five minutes ago with Pizza hut. He said please hold while I connect you through. I was hoping he had it right. Within two minutes there was a voice at the other end of the phone. Success! I was able to order my pizza. It was so good, and it was probably a lot better than what I would have gotten, had I waited on the line for pizza hut to take my call.

1 comment:

lifeshighway said...

I have to admire your determination for obtaining a pizza. I reserve that sort of mania to cheesecake.

To each its own.