Monday, March 22, 2010

Earls and the bobby pin....

So as for my previous post. I know I've left you all in suspense long enough. I know it's taken me long enough to blog again.
The story is. I was really looking forward to going out to dinner. Earls restraunt was my favorite restraunt...ok it was my second favorite. Moxie's is still top favorite. Well at least until they do something wrong, which they haven't yet.
So I was really looking forward to a nice dinner at Earls. Now I usually order a salad. My favorite is their hot chicken ceaser salad. But I love their fries and as we all know, fries do not come with salads. I think there is a rule against that. So you either eat healthy or you order something with fries. I had a craving for their fries. So I ordered my usual fry dish. Chicken fingers and fries. Now if you have ever tasted their chicken fingers, they are so wonderfully crunchy and juicy. The ultimate chicken fingers. I had made it through one chicken finger and some fries. They tasted so wonderful quite honestly. They made my mouth water, I was looking forward to digging in and eating some more as the first taste was delicious. I began to cut into the second one and it was a bit tougher to cut. I began to saw away at it, got a piece free and cut a new piece. Now I like to cut up my chicken fingers, easier to dip in the bbq sauce that way.
So I kept cutting, I had a few pieces off when I went on to cut the next bit of the chicken finger. It wasn't cutting so great, it was extremely difficult to get apart. I pried the chicken finger apart to find something sticking out of it...
A piece of shiny metal that looked the length of a bobby pin was wavy just like the rigid ridges of a bobby pin. I immediately inquired with my dinner company as to what it was. Immediately grossing my dinner company out and having my dinner company precede to check their burger for any sharp little metal objects. I sat there for a few minutes before I was able to wave the waitress down. She came right over as I had a look of absolute disgust on my face.
She asked how our meal was and I preceded to point out the wavy piece of metal I had found in my chicken nugget. She was disturbed by it and apologized profusely, quickly picking up the plate and rushing it back to the kitchen. On the way back she showed the manager and a few other staff members who examined the dish I had just been eating very carefully.
I sat for two seconds before the manager and waitress reappeared with a fresh dish of chicken fingers and fries. Now I don't know about you, but I could not stomache eating another chicken finger because I doubt they quickly whipped up a new batch in the deep fryer in the time it took him to return from the kitchen. The manager apologized profusely and walked away. The waitress returned a short time later and asked how everything was. I proceeded to tell her that I had lost my appetite for chicken fingers and could not eat them. She told me that I should feel better because my meal was for free. But did not offer to bring me something else. So my supper consisted of a few frenchfries and getting the bill for my dinner company's meal and leaving right away as soon as the bill was paid. I did get a free meal...but I won't be back to Earl's for awhile...I am to disturbed by the metal I found in my chicken. Though I don't know where it came from.

1 comment:

DiƤna Macintyre said...

That's quite a disgusting story. No wonder you didn't want to eat anymore.