Saturday, November 3, 2007

No place for November

I can hardly believe it is November already which means I have 34 more days of school to go this semester...well that's including the weekends so it would actually be 25 more days. I was talking to a friend who goes to the school I go to that said this semester was condensed this year, for what reason we are still unsure. But as of December 7th my fall semester at school is done which is kind of frightening because I have 4 exams in two days. But apparently the other thing I learned is that when you do in class exams by some rule they are unable to give us cumulative exams for the whole semester, so that makes me a little happier. And I only have 12 days of clinical left as well.
Which brings me to my next point. At the college/university here, there has been an outbreak of the mumps! apparently five cases have surfaced in a short period of time causing panic. So on Monday before we go to clinical we must get our mumps vaccinations or we cannot attend clinical. We were only informed of this today, why they wait until the weekend to tell us is another story, the school and instructors confuse me greatly! But such is life right?

So Monday morning I will march and get my mumps vaccination so that I do not miss a day of clinical. Otherwise you have to write a 5-7 page paper for every missed clinical day....They are punishing us. But my favorite quote is that "Nursing is my passion, but nursing school is cruel and unusual punishment."

We went to Chapters and bought a few books, that's always fun. Looked at the starbucks mugs but did not buy any...I have to curb the collection, I have quite a few odd starbucks mugs now. I always like to buy them when they are on sale for like $2.99 after months of being unable to sell them they mark them down quite low, just watch the sales. Then we wandered the mall for a bit. Then headed over to Ashley's house for a bit to try on some shoes...I hate trying on shoes when people are watching me, so having three people watch me try them on was a bit intimidating. But the shoes are cute!

~Anyways off to enjoy the rest of my weekend...have a good weekend~

No comments: