Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A little delayed or maybe just busy.

I will admit my blog has been severely neglected due to the new fade of facebook but I figured why not attempt to maintain some link between the two and update my blog and be on facebook.

So here I am back again, at last count the semester was nearing a finish. I can now say that I have 3 wonderful evenings of clinical left and exactly 12 days of school left until this semester is over. It's a little scary because then it means I am that much closer to being done school for awhile until I decide whether or not to be brave and go back to school yet again. It's really a toss up at the moment, I think I am alright with where I am at currently (education wise).

So we have 3 clinical days left and they are 8 hour evening shifts. We are basically being tossed to the wind in the last week. We currently have two patients per student, that is quite a lot of work but acute care is so different from long term care. But next week on our evenings we are being given 8 patients to care for between 2 students. I am quite terrified of being put in this situation but I am confident that I might be able to handle the caseload. We'll see, at least I don't have to get up at 5:30a.m. anymore this semester.

Anyways other than that, school is school. We get to go into the sphere lab tomorrow with the creepy robot that totally freaks me out. It is a robot but talks, breathes, has a pulse, heart rate, blood pressure etc. It is really ugly looking too, it doesn't look remotely human but they use it to train us to think critically. We'll see how it goes, it shouldn't be all that bad except for it's just creepy. I was so nervous the first time I went into the sphere lab by myself, this time it shouldn't be too bad because there are 4 people per care team, so maybe just maybe I will be alright.

Well off to study and play with robots tomorrow...what nursing school puts you through.

No comments: