Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This ol' house


So it looks like the house is almost ready for habitation. It has been a very long run if you ask me with a lot of obstacles in the way but it seems that the ol' house may finally almost be ready.
After having spent almost a month doing the flooring, I must say that it does look good inside. There is still minor work to be done inside the house before it is completely ready. And no that picture is not the house. Building a house in lethbridge you get the lots that are basically stacked one house next to another with little room between. There are houses to the left, to the right and all around the back of the house across the yard. It does not permit for very much privacy.
Though I did decide when I moved in, the first thing I was going to do was construct a fence on the one side (because there is no neighbor on the other side yet) and then plant really, really tall trees to shelter the yard so that my neighbors on every side cannot just sit and watch me in my backyard when they feel like it.
We'll see, there is still lot's of work to do around the house. We'll see if the move in date gets moved up yet again.

No comments: