Saturday, June 2, 2007

Color schemes a plenty!

Okay so I may not be so bold as to make my living room look that insane! But Today I spent sometime browsing through the showhomes here because I was told I cannot paint the trim in the house and the doors in the house, the same as the wall color. I honestly don't think it would look that bad, but apparently it's never been done before and will look funny.
So I took to the showhomes and honestly whoever decorated them has some serious taste issues. They may quite possibly have been worse than this photo! The first house had the whole mono-tone thing going for it, just plain old white and beiges...yuck!! The second house was getting closer to my taste minus the bright red painted throughout it mixed with the browns. The third house was closer which had the browns throughout (which I very much love!!) but then the baseboards and trim were an offwhite color, too close to white. I am not one who likes the color white in a house. White trim use to be the "In" thing to do but honestly it doesn't look good, it collects major amounts of dust and dirt and they do eventually turn black if left uncleaned.
So after having browsed the showhomes I sought out the help of my dad and Nathan to help me decide. I am now looking at new paint options for my walls and they want to start painting this week. But nothing has seemingly gone right with the building of the house in the first place. This house is definitely behind schedule!!!
So anyways other than my misadventures with the house it was a beautiful +32 degrees outside today. The kids spent the afternoon playing in the spray pool and having so much fun. It hopefully tired them out enough to sleep well tonight. We also spent a bit of time with Ashley because she came down from Calgary. I can say nothing odd or weird happened except Ashley thinks monsters live in her basement and Taylor helped her hunt them with the laser guns. Anyways until next time...I need to go to bed!

No comments: