Saturday, October 4, 2008

October already...

So obviously I am good at neglecting my blog, it seems like something I am just not that good at keeping tabs on. I cannot believe my last blogging was in august and it's already october. The leaves are falling off the trees, its starting to get cold out in the evenings. Fall is starting to show itself outside.

So this is a picture of a J-tube. I've been orientating at the hospital and it seems like all my patients have these tubes in them. Ok so there's only a few of them, but still it seems like all I've been this week is working with tube feeds. They're pretty cool to work with actually, and you get to push medications through them too which is alright. They aren't as difficult as I remember them being when I was a nursing student.

The IV lines and hanging IV medications. I only had one patient with an IV, and the meds came up pre-mixed. So little to nothing for me to do with that. But it's a learning experience since I didn't get much IV training in clinicals as a nursing student.

So much to learn and see. Orientation is fun but I can hardly wait to be on my own without a shadow, though I've had pretty cool nurses to work with so far that have made my orientation good. So it's the weekend, a small break before more orientation next week...let the fun continue...hopefully.


2 comments:

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

IV's and feeding tubes....busy girl!
-m

Kristie said...

and patients demanding ice in their water, reaching items off their bedside tables because they can't possibly stretch their arms out completely straight to reach it themselves...the list could go on...lol