Wednesday, April 16, 2008

8 days

It's going to be a long 8 days I think. I am tired, overworked and nervous. I am currently in the midst of review week and I feel like I should know everything there is to know but for some reason it feels like the information is going in, but not staying inside my head. I am especially not looking forward to the skills lab final, that is a horrifying experience. You basically regurgitate all the information you have learned all semester long from lab to an instructor...I do not do well on oral and performance exams, they are my weakness. So I've already attended 4 hours of practice labs and still do not feel like I know how to properly manage IV's or run secondary medications. But nursing school was never meant to be easy.

My other exams shouldn't be all that difficult. I usually do well on exams and find them not to difficult to do. Then next week friday, I graduate. I am not done my program until two months later, but next friday I get to walk across the stage, get my empty diploma, shake some hands and celebrate my achievement. It's a celebration of what we as students have accomplished and worked towards for the past few years. It's also kind of scary at the same time to think in two months we can work on our own in a hospital setting. We will be professionals...or so we hope.

Well for now I am just going to worry about finishing my finals, and graduating, the rest of the stress from clinical and preceptorship can wait until I am faced with that challenge.

No comments: