Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sponge shopping.

Browsing the aisles of a big box store. (which I will not name as to not promote this chain on my blog) I came across this delicacy in the valentines section. Sponge taffy. It may just look like a flat piece of styrofoam/spongy looking candy at a glance but once you turn it around you see.....

It is infact three dimensional and looks like a sponge. Our children are going to ask mom as you walk down the valentines aisle if they can buy this novelty sponge candy.

I am afraid it may become an addiction. Children may find sponges under moms sink or in grandma's cleaning closet and assume they too are novelty candies. We might find our children sitting at the kitchen table eating sponges. Has candy gone to far? I myself will not be buying sponge taffy candy...looks too much like the real thing.

No comments: