Tuesday, March 18, 2008

back again

So it seems my quest to un-neglect my blog did not work. Things have been incredibly busy lately. I also attempted to boycott facebook but that would be like going without water...did not work!
So I finished my pediatric rotation and what a difficult rotation that was. It was just hard because the patients are so little and they're really sick too. What I liked about them was that they don't talk back to you like older patients do. And through sickness they seem to grin and bare it where as an adult cries and whines constantly to ease the pain. Children cannot express pain as adults do but seriously some adults do milk the system I think.
It was an uneventful three days, it is Tuesday and I am on my weekend because they scheduled our clinical over the weekend. Nursing school is pure torture I think because they are free to deteremine whatever schedule works best for them and not for the students who have lives and families outside of school. They just like to put us through the most stress one person can aquire.
Other than that me and my partner are doing a presentation on thursday for class on fetal alcohol syndrome. It is a very interesting topic I think. So it seems like we are just running and busy and going constantly.
Once we graduate we are graced with one week off before we start our community rotation and our preceptorship rotation which then ends us being completely done by the end of July. It should be interesting, only four more months to go.

No comments: